Industrial Wastewater Recycling and Heavy Metals Recovery
Kontek has been a leading manufacturer and pioneer of fully automated self- regenerating ion exchange industrial wastewater recovery systems for over 35 years. ReKon Ion Exchange Systems have proven to be a reliable and cost-effective method of removing dissolved heavy metals and salts from wastewater and producing high quality de-ionized water for recycling.
Kontek’s customers use ReKon technology for a wide variety of applications, including: raw water purification, softening and deionization; wastewater treatment, wastewater recovery and recycling; polishing and targeted ion recovery.
Contact our sales team at: 1-877-332-8366, or email.
- Reduce resin costs with a fully automated and self-regenerating system
- Identify and remove specific ions while recovering up to 95% of your wastewater for re-use
- Treat your wastewater on an optimized 24/7 operation schedule with back-up resin beds
- Guarantee compliant discharge levels by automatically reprocessing off-spec water
- Get closer to having a Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD) facility
- Consistently remove contaminants, including totally dissolved solids
- Minimize labour requirements with automated SmartLogic controls
- Protect your parts and save chemical costs
- Duplex design to ensure 100% continuous operation
- Standard system design flow rates from 2 to 1000 GPM
- Standard system design uses up to 50% less water to regenerate compared to other designs
- Premium proprietary resins
- Skid mounted modular design –customized design available
- UV sterilization systems are standard on all ReKon recovery systems
- Reverse or co-current regeneration cycles are available
- Organic and metal contaminant stripping cycles of resins are standard on all ReKon systems
- PLC/HMI interface controls feature real-time data collection and maximum flexibility
- Loop volume management and make-up systems
- Optional automatic batch treatment systems or flow through wastewater treatment systems to treat non-recoverable wastewater and regeneration waste can be incorporated and controlled from the ReKon main control panel
- Optional electrowinning heavy metal recovery systems can be incorporated and controlled from the ReKon main control panel
Carousel and CIX System
Carousel Design: Consistently rotate three columns sequentially through the lead/lag/standby positions to optimize 24/7 system productivity.
Cyclic Ion Exchange (CIX): Reduce costs for brine by reusing RoKon RO reject for regenerating resin beads in precursor water softeners.
RoKon Reverse Osmosis Purification
Reverse Osmosis Purification removes 99% of contaminants. Designed for efficiency, Kontek’s Reverse Osmosis systems recover up to 85% of the raw city or recovered process feed water by re-circulating the reject water portion back a second pass for retreatment.
Self-regenerating resin systems
Lead and standby modes enable complete resin regeneration, reducing system downtime and cutting costs. Protect your resin by automatically pre-treating wastewater with chemical precipitation and carbon filters.
SMARTLOGIC: INTEGRATED & AUTOMATED CONTROL SYSTEMS
SmartLogic’s intuitive design protects your water quality, safeguards your parts and conserves chemicals – all while minimizing labour requirements. Sophisticated, yet user friendly HMIs enable you to quickly fine-tune parameters with precision, view analytics and respond to alarms.